- Salters' Almshouses
- On the east side of Monkwell Street, adjoining Hart Street (Lockie, 1810-Elmes, 1831).Founded by Sir Nicholas Ambrose, 1578, for seven poor men and five poor widows, and left to the Salters' Company.Rebuilt after the Fire at the charge of the Company.Taken down 1863 to make way for the erection of warehouses and new almshouses built at Watford.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.