Stewksley's Street
   In the Guildhall Museum is a stone inscribed with this name, 1668, and on a label attached to it, it is stated that this is now" Bull and Mouth Street," St. Martin's le Grand.
   There does not seem to be any other record of the name.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Bull and Mouth Street —    West out of St. Martin le Grand to King Edward Street, in Farringdon Ward Within and Aldersgate Ward (O.S. 1880).    First mention: O. and M. 1677.    Removed for the erection of the new General Post Office Buildings. So named from the Bull… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”