- A Hermitage so called, part of the possessions of the Abbey of St. Mary Graces in parishes of St. Botoiph without Algate and the Church called "le Whitchappell," 49 and 50 Ed. III. (Anc. Deeds, A. 2559 and B. 2314).Granted to Sir A. Darcie, 34 H. VIII. 1542 (L. and P. H. VIII. XVII. p.400).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.