Teyntours
   Tenement of John Botiller, draper, in Candelwykstrete in parish of S. Mary de Abbechirche near a parcel of land called "Teyntours" belonging to Dame Katherine Street, 1465-6 (Ct. H.W. II. 554).
   See Tenter Grounds.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Tenter Grounds —    There were several within the City area in early times.    In the parish of St. Margaret, Fish Street Hill, in 1383 (Ct. H.W. II. 234). In Bridge Ward Within.    Another in St. Martin Orgar Lane near Beauchamp s Inn (Cal. L. Bk. G. p.133).… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”