Townesend Lane
   South out of Thames Street to the Thames (Lond. Guide, 1758). In Queenhithe Ward.
   First mention: "Townesende lane," 4 Eliz. (Cal. L. and M. Ft. of Fines, II. 118).
   Richard Townsende owned a messuage and wharf in the parish of St. Michael at Queenhithe, 36 H. VIII. (L. and P. H. VIII. XIX. (2), 176). Now called Bull Wharf Lane (q.v.).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”