- Turnmill Brook
- Another name for the water of "Fleet" or the "Holborne." Shown in Vertue's map of London as fortified by Parliament, 1642-3. Not perhapsa very reliable authority.At the Court of Sewers held at the Guildhall, 1652, an order was made for the cleansing of the Common Dich or Sewer commonly called Fleet Ditch and the River Wells, also Tremel Brook from the River of Thames at Bridewell Dock to Hockley (" Sewers," 669, f. 16/88, B.M.)."Trillemyllebroke," near the house of the Bishop of Ely in Holborn, mentioned in Records of London Bridge at the Guildhall, quoted in Welch's History of Tower Bridge, p.55.Mentioned as the western boundary of a tenement at "Holbornbrigge" belonging to St. Mary Graces (K.R. Conv. Leases, 17, 3 Ed. IV.).Seems to be called " Abroke," 36 H. VIII. (L. and P. H. VIII. XIX. (2), 84).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.