Tyghtynwowes
   A house in the parish of All Hallows upon the Cellar is described as near the tenements of William de Leyre, the lane called Wolsislane and the lane leading to "Tyghtynwowes," 1307 (Cal. L. Bk. C. p.204).
   In the Hust. Roll, Rich. II. 116 (117) certain land belonging to John Southcote in the parish of St. Leonard Eastcheap is called "Tyghtyngwowes."
   No later record.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”