Tymberhawe
   1) A close so called belonging to John Wolfey, 1410 (Ct. H.W. II. 385).
   He was a carpenter, and the term is probably only used to designate his yard.
   2) Le Tymberhawe
   See Timberhawe.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Hawe —    A common suffix in place names in London, as Tymberhawe, Bothaw, Bordhawe, Bassishaw, New Church Haw, Maderhawe.    Hawe = O.E. haga = hedge or encompassing fence ; a piece of ground enclosed or fenced in a messuage generally used to denote a… …   Dictionary of London

  • Timberhawe —    A close called le Tymberhawe in parish of St. Peter de Cornhill, being the western boundary of shops in Lime Street Ward adjoining the garden of the lord de la Zouche east, 9 H. VI. 1430 1 (Cal. L. Bk. K. p.119). Seems to occupy part of the… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”