Walbrookdyk
   See Walbrook and St. Mildred Poultry.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • (St.) Mildred Poultry —    On the north side of the Poultry at its junction with Mansion House Street (O.S.). In Cheap Ward. The parish extends into Broad Street Ward.    Earliest mention found in records : Sce Mildrithe, 1175 (Cott. Ch. XI. 52).    Other names and… …   Dictionary of London

  • Scalding House —    1) In the parish of St. Mildred in the Poultry near le Stokkes, 1361 (Ct. H.W. II. 33).    Wm. Otes left to the church of St. Mildred in the Poultry a parcel of land within the gate of the Scaldynghous, otherwise called Scaldyngwyk extending… …   Dictionary of London

  • The Walbrook —    A stream of some size and importance which flowed through the centre of the City from north to south. In course of time it was filled up and eventually built over.    The City Records and Stow s Survey, together with the investigations made at …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”