Wallnut Tree Alley
   East out of Bishopsgate, in Bishopsgate Ward Without (Hatton, 1708-Lond. Guide, 1758).
   Former name: "Walnut Tree Yard" (O. and M. 1677). "Walnutt Tree Court" (Strype).
   A Fire Brigade Station occupies the site (P.O. Directory).\Possibly named from a walnut tree there, or from the sign.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”