At the junction of Aldgate High Street with Leadenhall Street and Fenchurch Street (S. 140-O.S. 1875).
   Taken down 1876 and a drinking fountain erected on the site.
   There was a well called " Alegate well" adjoining the City wall in temp. John (Anc. Deeds, A. 1978).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”