- Land so called claimed by the precentor of St. Paul's, as belonging to his prebend of Portepol, 1240 (MS. D. and C. St. Paul's, Press A. Box 24, 608). In another MS. Lib. L. f. 136 b. containing an account of St. Pancras, 1252, "item sunt in parochia xxxvj mesuagia, exceptis messuagiis Tothale, Ruggemere, et Northbury et Alkichesbury." In any case it would seem to be outside the City boundary.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.