Brewhouse Lane
   Out of Salisbury Court (Strype, ed. 1755-Boyle, 1799). In Farringdon Ward Without.
   Not named in the maps.

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Brewhouse Lane, Upper Thames Street —    See Brewers Lane …   Dictionary of London

  • Brewhouse Yard —    1) East out of Shoe Lane at No. 33, in Farringdon Ward Without (Horwood, 1799 Lockie, 1816).    Former names : Brewers Yard 1654 5 (L. and P. Commonw. VIII. 10, to Hatton, 1708.) Brewers Alley (P.C. 1732 Boyle, 1799).    Site now covered by… …   Dictionary of London

  • Brewhouse —    On the south side of Hosier Lane, in Farringdon Ward Without (Rocque, 1746).    Site now occupied by shops and business houses …   Dictionary of London

  • Brewers Lane —    South out of Upper Thames Street to the Thames near Dowgate Dock (P.O. Directory). In Dowgate Ward.    Earlist mention: O. and M. 1677.    Other names : Brewhouse Lane (Horwood, 1799 Lockie, 1810.) Grauntham Lane, 17 Ed. III. (Lib. Cust. II. p …   Dictionary of London

  • Anchor Brewhouse — The Anchor Brewhouse was a small brewery on the junction of Shad Thames and Horselydown Lane, by Tower Bridge in London. The brewhouse was bought in December 1787 by John Courage.The building still stands, although it has not been a brewery for a …   Wikipedia

  • Cross Lane —    1) East out of St. Mary at Hill to Harp Lane (P.O. Directory), crossing St. Dunstan s Hill. In Billingsgate and Tower Wards.    First mention: O. and M. 1677.    Former name : Fowle Lane.    The western end, between St. Mary at Hill and Idol… …   Dictionary of London

  • Hermitage Brewhouse —    A Brewhouse so called of an hermite sometime being there, at the southern end of Nightingale lane, E. Smithfield (S. 424).    The hermitage, called Swan s Nest, existed here 49 Ed. III. (Anc. Deeds, A. 2559).    This hermitage seems to have… …   Dictionary of London

  • Great Distaff Lane —    West out of Friday Street to Old Change, in Bread Street Ward, and Farringdon Ward Within (O.S. 1848 51).    First mention: Horwood, 1799.    Former name and forms : Distauelana, 12th century (Harl. Ch. 84, H. 31). Distave lane, 1258 9 (Ct.… …   Dictionary of London

  • Campion Lane —    South out of Upper Thames Street, at No. 89, to the Thames, by the east end of the church of All Hallows the Great (Elmes, 1831).    First mention: W. Stow, 1722.    Former name : Haywharf Lane (q.v.).    Site now occupied by the City of… …   Dictionary of London

  • Grauntham Lane —    South out of Thames Street to the Thames. In the parish of All Hallows the Great in Dowgate Ward (S. 233).    Earliest mention: Granthameslane, 17 Ed. III. (Lib. Cust. II. p. 449).    In an inquisition taken at this time complaint was made… …   Dictionary of London

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”