- In parish of St. Margaret Lothbury, mentioned in will of Sir Henry Kebyll, 1514. Site now covered by Grocers' Hall (End. Ch. Rep. 1829, p. 230).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
broad alley — noun see broad aisle … Useful english dictionary
broad aisle — noun or broad alley : the central aisle of a church … Useful english dictionary
Broad Street Station — On the north side of Liverpool Street, North London Railway Terminus (P.O. Directory). On the western boundary of Bishopsgate Ward Without. It occupies the site of numerous streets and alleys as : Petty France ; Bethlem Burying Ground ;… … Dictionary of London
Swan Alley — 1) In Birchin Lane (Strype, ed. 1755 Boyle, 1799). Not named in the maps. 2) On the west side of Bishopsgate Street, south of Gresham College, extending to Broad Street. In Broad Street and Bishopsgate Wards (O. and M. 1677). In… … Dictionary of London
Jelly Alley — In parish of St. Bartholomew near the Exchange (Strype, ed. 1720, I. ii. 148). Near Drapers Hall in 1585 (Churchwardens Accounts, etc., of St. Michael Cornhill, Overall, p. 221). In Broad Street Ward. The tenement in Jelly Alley, left by … Dictionary of London
Coenties Alley (Manhattan) — Coordinates: 40°42′13″N 74°00′38″W / 40.7037°N 74.01063°W / 40.7037; 74.01063 Coenties Al … Wikipedia
Angel Alley — 1) West out of Bishopsgate in Bishopsgate Ward Without between Nos. 137 and 138 (O. and M. 1677 to O.S. 1880). During the 17th and 18th centuries and part of the 19th century the street extended from Long Alley to Bishopsgate Street Without,… … Dictionary of London
Little Bell Alley — South from Leathersellers Buildings to Copthall Buildings on the boundary of Broad Street and Coleman Street Wards (O.S. 1880). First mention: P.C. 1732. It seems to be shown but not named in O. and M. 1677, and the northern portion is… … Dictionary of London
Leg and Ball Alley — South out of London Wall, in parish of All Hallows, London Wall, in Broad Street Ward. Broad Street Ward School was in this alley in 1713 1829, and was rebuilt in 1844 on the same site, adjoining No. 58 London Wall, behind the premises… … Dictionary of London
Scalding Alley — Qn the north side of the Poultry, on the site now occupied by Mildred s (St.) Court (q.v.) (Maitland, 1775). In Broad Street and Cheap Wards. It was called the Scalding house (q.v.) or Scalding wike, and was used by the poulterers, who had… … Dictionary of London