- Chequer Yard, Aldgate High Street
- South out of Aldgate High Street, the first turning east from the Minories (O.S. 25 in., 1880 ed.). In Portsoken Ward.Earliest mention: Ogilby and Morgan, 1677."Chequer Square" in Elmes, 1831.Site covered by the London and North Western Railway Goods Depot.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bell Alley, Aldgate High Street — South out of Aldgate High Street, leading into Chequer Yard (O. and M. 1677 P.C. 1732). In Portsoken Ward. Removed for the erection of the Goods Depot, of the London and North Western Railway Company … Dictionary of London
Maidenhead Alley — 1) East out of the Minories, not far from its junction with Aldgate High Street, and communicating with Chequer Yard (Strype, 1720 and 1755). Former name : Red Cross Alley (O. and M. 1677), but not so long as Maidenhead Alley. Named… … Dictionary of London