Great Knightrider Street


Great Knightrider Street

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Knightrider Street —    East out of Addle Hill, at No. 23, to Queen Victoria Street at Friday Street (P.O. Directory). In Castle Baynard, Bread Street and Queenhithe Wards.    From a deed 26 Ed. III. (Anc. Deeds, C. 189) it appears that Knightrider Street at that… …   Dictionary of London

  • Great Trinity Lane —    East out of Queen Victoria Street, at No. 71, to Garlick Hill (P.O. Directory). In Vintry, Cordwainer, Bread Street and Queenhithe Wards.    First mention: Strype, ed. 1720, and Lockie, 1810.    Former names : Holy Trinity Street, 1349 (Ct.… …   Dictionary of London

  • St. Mary Magdalen Old Fish Street — Infobox church name = St. Mary Magdalen Old Fish Street fullname = color = imagesize = caption = Current photo of site landscape = denomination = Roman Catholic, Anglican diocese = parish = division = subdivision = founded date = founder =… …   Wikipedia

  • Old Fish Street —    West from Queen Victoria Street to Knightrider Street, in Bread Street and Queenhithe Wards (O.S.1880).    Formerly extended east to Great Trinity Lane.    Earliest mention: Vico piscano mentioned in list of property in London belonging to St …   Dictionary of London

  • College of Arms —    On the north side of Queen Victoria Street at No. 135 in Castle Baynard s Ward, west of St. Peter s Hill (P.O. Directory).    First mention: Colledge of the Harroldes, 1587 (Lond. I. p.m. III. 108).    Other names : Heralds Office, 1670 (L.… …   Dictionary of London

  • Maidenhead Yard, Inn —    On the north side of Great Knightrider Street, in Castle Baynard Ward (O. and M. 1677 Lond. G. 1758).    Hatton, 1708, describes it as on the east side of Addle Hill, and Lockie, 1816, as at No. 24 Addle Hill.    Site has been rebuilt …   Dictionary of London

  • Prerogative Office —    Now in Somerset House.    In O. and M. at the south end of Prerogative Court leading out of St. Paul s Church yard, 1677.    Afterwards removed to Great Knightrider Street, adjoining Doctors Commons (Rocque, 1746). Remained there until 1874,… …   Dictionary of London

  • Holy Trinity the Less — Current photo of site Country United Kingdom Denomination Roman Catholic, Anglican Holy Trinity the Less was a parish church in the City of London, destroyed in the Great Fire of L …   Wikipedia

  • Wards —    The wards seem generally to have grown along the line of a main street and often about a main crossing. The street which forms the main artery of the Ward generally gives it its name.    1. Each of the principal gates gives or has given its… …   Dictionary of London

  • Trinity Lane —    Seems to be used to denote what is now designated Little Trinity Lane (q.v.) (Hatton, 1708), sometimes Great Trinity Lane (q.v.) (S. 354). In Queenhithe Ward, and See below.    First mention: 55 H. III. (Anc. Deeds, C. 1910).    Other names:… …   Dictionary of London


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.