Ashentbee [Ashentree?] Court
- North out of Temple Street, Whitefriars, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. M. 1677-Elmes, 1831).Now called " Glasshouse Alley " (q.v.). " Ashantree Court " (Horwood, 1799).The southern end out of White Friars is called " Cloth Workers Court " in O. and M. 1677, and " Paved Alley " in Rocque.Probably named from the sign, which may have indicated the existence of an ash tree in the locality.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ashantree Court — See Ashentree Court [Ashentbee?] Court, Temple Street … Dictionary of London