- The entrance to Old Ludgate, north out of Half Moon Street, in Bishopsgate Ward Without (Lockie, 1816).Not named in the maps.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ludgate Hill — is a hill in the City of London, near the old Ludgate, a gate to the City that was taken down, with its attached jail, in 1780. Ludgate Hill is the site of St Paul s Cathedral, traditionally said to have been the site of a Roman temple of the… … Wikipedia
Ludgate Square — West out of Creed Lane at No. 7 (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Within. First mention: O.S. 1894. Former names : Holiday Yard (Strype, 1720 O.S. 1880). Holliday Court (O. and M. 1677 Horwood, 1799). In O. and M. and Strype there… … Dictionary of London
Martin's Court — 1) North out of Chick Lane to St. Sepulchre s Churchyard, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799). The site is now covered by Charterhouse Street and Smithfield Market. 2) St. Martin s Court South out of Ludgate Hill,… … Dictionary of London
Half Moon Court — 1) West out of Aldersgate Street, with a passage north into Half Moon Alley (q.v.), in Aldersgate Ward and Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799). Half Moon Passage (q.v.) now occupies the site. 2) North out of Ludgate Hill … Dictionary of London
Crown Court Church — Coordinates: 51°30′48″N 0°7′16″W / 51.51333°N 0.12111°W / 51.51333; 0.12111 … Wikipedia
Cock Court — 1) South out of Ludgate Hill at No. 19, in Farringdon Ward Without (Hatton, 1708 Elmes, 1831). A passage, 40 ft. wide, was made out of the Court into Blackfriars 1760. Called Cock Alley, 1760 (Gent. Mag.). Now St. Martin s Court… … Dictionary of London
King's Head Court — 1) North west out of Gravel Lane. In Portsoken Ward (Strype, ed. 1720 Boyle, 1799). Only partly built in 1720 (Strype, I. ii. 27). Removed towards the end of the 18th century for the erection of warehouses, now occupied by the Port of… … Dictionary of London
King's Arms Court — 1) South out of Ludgate Hill, east of Fleet Bridge, in Farringdon Ward Without (Rocque, 1746 Boyle, 1799). The site is now covered by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway lines. Perhaps = Goat Alley, Ludgate Hill (q.v.). 2) West out… … Dictionary of London
Boy Court — North out of Ludgate Hill at No. 60 (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Without. First mention: Elmes, 1831. Former names : Naked boy Court. Next the Seven Stars (Hatton, 1708 Horwood, 1799). Flower de luce Court (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799) … Dictionary of London
Flower de Luce Court — 1) East out of Foster Lane, in Aldersgate Ward (O. and M. 1677), north of Carey Street. The site is now occupied by Goldsmith s Hall. 2) North out of Ludgate Hill, in Farringdon Ward Without (O. and M. 1677 Boyle, 1799). Flower de… … Dictionary of London