- Mitre Tavern, Yard
- On the south side of Shoemaker Row, Aldgate. In Aldgate Ward (Rocque, 1746).Adjoined remains of Lady Chapel, etc., of Holy Trinity Priory, the gateway of which led to the yard of the Mitre Inn (Home Co. Mag. Jan.1900, Vol.II. p. 49).Site has been rebuilt.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mitre Street — West out of Aldgate, at No. 29, to Creechurch Lane (P.O. Directory). First mention: O.S. 1848 51. Former streets on the site : The site was formerly occupied at the western end by New Court, Duke s Place, and at the eastern end by Mitre… … Dictionary of London
Mitre Court — 1) In Cornhill (Strype, ed. 1755 Boyle, 1799). Not named in the maps. 2) South out of Cheapside at No. 18. In Farringdon Ward Within (W. Stow, 1722 O.S.1875, and Bacon, 1912). The Mitre Tavern stood here. An old tavern in existence… … Dictionary of London
Holborn — For other uses, see Holborn (disambiguation). Coordinates: 51°31′02″N 0°07′06″W / 51.5172°N 0.1182°W / 51.5172; 0.1182 … Wikipedia