- Barklies Inn
- By the south end of Addle Hill, west from St. Benet's Church, almost against Puddle Wharf, an ancient building of stone and timber builded by the Lords of Barkley and called Barklies Inne. Now in ruins and let out in tenements. Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, lodged there temp. H. VI. (S. 368).Site given on O.S.1875 on the north side of Upper Thames Street at its western end, opposite Rutland Wharf. Site now occupied by offices and warehouses, etc.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.