- Peacock Place, Court
- East out of the Minories. In Portsoken Ward, south of Haydon Street (Lockie, 1810-Collingridge's map, 1908).Former names: "Brown's Alley" (O. and M. 1677). "Brown's Yard" (Hatton, 1708-Boyle, 1799). " Brown's Court" (Rocque, 1746).The site as shown in Rocque seems to be occupied by Swan Street, but it may be a few doors further north, where " The Peacock" public-house now stands at No.41 .
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.