- East out of Basinghall Street, with a passage north to London Wall (P.C. 1732-Boyle, 1799). In Bassishaw Ward.Called also, "Bassishaw Court" (O. and M. 1677 to Strype, 1755). Named from the street or ward.The site has been rebuilt and is now occupied by offices and chambers, etc.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Basinghall Street — (sometimes written as Bassinghall ) is a street in the City of London, England. It today lies chiefly in the ward of Bassishaw (which originally consisted only of the street, and the whole street, and the courts and passages leading off it) with… … Wikipedia
Basinghall Avenue — West out of Coleman Street at No. 8 (P.O. Directory). In Coleman Street and Bassishaw Wards. First mention: L.C.C. list, 1901. The site was formerly occupied by Green s or Green Court (Strype, ed. 1720 O.S. 1848 51. Glean Alley (O.… … Dictionary of London
Bassishaw Court — See Basinghall Court … Dictionary of London
Mayor's and City of London Court — The Court A … Wikipedia
New Court — 1) East out of Angel Alley. In Bishopsgate Ward Without (London Guide, 1758 Elmes, 1831). The site is now occupied by Liverpool Street Station and the railway lines. 2) West out of St. Swithin s Lane at No.6 (P.O. Directory). In Walbrook … Dictionary of London
Three Nun Court — East out of Aldermanbury at No. 19 (P.O. Directory). In Bassishaw Ward and Cripplegate Ward Within, leading into Church Alley, Basinghall Street (q.v.). First mention: O.S. 1848 51. Formerly called Church Alley, Basinghall Street (q.v.) … Dictionary of London
Evans' Court — East out of Basinghall Street, at No. 45, to Helmet Court, with a passage north to London Wall (O.S. 1875). In Bassishaw Ward. First mention: In Will of Thomas Evans, citizen and paynter steyner, 1688 (Ct H.W. II. 778). Probably named… … Dictionary of London
Sambrook Court — 1) East out of Basinghall Street at No. 24. In Bassishaw Ward (Horwood, 1799 O.S. 1880). Former name: Sambrugh s Court (Rocque, 1746). Ground rent of houses of Sir Jeremy Sambrook given to the parish of St. Michael Bassishaw (Strype, ed … Dictionary of London
Shutter's Court — East out of Basinghall Street at No.42, north of Girdlers Hall. In Bassishaw Ward (O.S. 1875). Former names : Shute s Court (O. and M. 1677). Shoolers Court (P.C. 1732). Shooters Court (Strype, 1720 Boyle, 1799). Shuters Court (Lockie, 1810 … Dictionary of London
Bevis Court — East out of Basinghall Street. In Bassishaw Ward (L.C.C. List, 1901). First mention: Horwood, 1799. Seems to be called Bevis Court, Old Jewry, in Boyle. Brewers Court (Rocque, 1746 Boyle, 1799). Site now occupied by offices and… … Dictionary of London