- South Qut of Throgmorton Street. In Broad Street Ward (Horwood, 1799).Former names: Bartholomew Court" (O. and M. 1677-Boyle, 1799).Site is now occupied by the Alliance Assurance Co.'s office.Named" Bartholomew Court " after the Church of St. Bartholomew by the Exchange, changed to Throgmorton Court after the street of that name.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Bartholomew Court, Throgmorton Street — See Throgmorton Court … Dictionary of London
Angel Court, Throgmorton Street — North out of Throgmorton Street at No. 34a (P.O. Directory). It leads to Copthall Court and is in Broad Street and Coleman Street Wards. First mention: O. and M. 1677. Spelt Angell Court (Horwood, 1799). Strype describes it as in his… … Dictionary of London
Red Lyon Court — 1) In Throgmorton Street, a small Court in Broad Street Ward, against Drapers Hall (Hatton, 1708 P.C. 1732). The site seems to be occupied by Throgmorton Avenue. 2) South out of St. Paul s Churchyard to Little Carter Lane, in Castle L… … Dictionary of London
New Court, Throgmorton Street — South out of Throgmorton Street, in Broad Street Ward, at No.8 (P.O. Directory). First mention; O. and M. 1677 … Dictionary of London
Catherine Court — 1) South out of Throgmorton Street. In Coleman Street Ward (Strype, ed. 1720, I. ii. 131). Removed for the erection of the Bank of England, completed 1734. Spelt Katherine Court in Strype. 2) East out of Seething Lane, at No. 34 (P.O … Dictionary of London
Union Court — 1) In Throgmorton Street (P.C. 1732 Boyle, 1799). Not named in the maps. 2) North out of Holborn, at No.95, to Ely Place, the southern end only in Farringdon Ward Without (Horwood, 1799 Elmes, 1831). The south eastern end was formerly … Dictionary of London
Bishop's Court — 1) West out of Coleman Street at No.6. In Coleman Street Ward. (O. and M. 1677 Elmes, 1831). The site is now occupied by offices and business houses. There was a messuage called the Bishop s Head in Coleman Street, 27 Eliz. 1585.… … Dictionary of London
Warnford Court — North out of Throgmorton Street at No.29, in Broad Street Ward (P.O. Directory). First mention: O. and M. 1677. Sir Henry Tulce s house occupied the northern end of the Court in 1677. In this Court was the house of the Royal African… … Dictionary of London
Crown Court, Throgmorton Street — See White Lyon Court … Dictionary of London
Falcon Court, Throgmorton Street — See Faulcon Court … Dictionary of London