- This is the churchyard which is still in existence, adjoining to and surrounding the Church of St. Botolph, Aldgate. In Portsoken Ward.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aldgate Churchyard, New — There appears to have been a new churchyard or burial ground attached to the Church of St. Botolph, Aldgate, for the use of the parishioners in the 18th century, on the east side of Churchyard Alley, Rosemary Lane. It is described by Strype … Dictionary of London
(St.) Botolph Aldgate Churchyard — See Aldgate Churchyard … Dictionary of London
Aldgate — infobox UK place official name= Ward of Aldgate map type= Greater London country= England region= London london borough= City of London latitude= 51.51488 longitude= 0.07890 os grid reference= TQ334813 post town= LONDON postcode area= EC postcode … Wikipedia
(St.) Paul's Churchyard — A street extending west from Cheapside and Cannon Street to Ludgate Hill on the north south, west and east sides of the Cathedral (P.O. Directory). First mention: Cimiteno sive vico regio vocato Pawles chirchehawe juxta portam Sancti Pauli … Dictionary of London
Church Row, Aldgate High Street — North out of Aldgate High Street, on the north and east sides of St. Botolph s Church and churchyard, to Houndsditch (P.O. Directory). In Portsoken Ward. Former names : Church Lane. Crown Inn. In O. and M. 1677, and Rocque, 1746, Church… … Dictionary of London
Crown Inn, Aldgate High Street — North out of Aldgate High Street, east of St. Botolph Aldgate Church and Churchyard (O. and M. 1677). In Portsoken Ward. In existence and given to Christ s Hospital in 1543 (Strype, ed. 1720, I. 21 and 27). Site occupied by Church Row (q … Dictionary of London
(St.) Martin Outwich, Churchyard — Piece of ground between St. Mary Street and Bishopsgate let by the Chamberlains of London to the parish of St. Martins Oteswich to be a churchyard or burying place for the dead (S. 163 4) 30 H. VIII. 51 ft. long from east to west and 27 ft.… … Dictionary of London
(St.) Michael Aldgate — One of the old parishes mentioned by Stow as having formed first the parish of the Holy Cross or Holy Rood and afterwards as having been absorbed by the Priory of Holy Trinity, the parish of Holy Trinity (S. 142). It seems to be still… … Dictionary of London
Sir John Cass' School — At the north end of Church Row, north east of St. Botolph Aldgate Churchyard. In Portsoken Ward. From 1896 1900 the elementary part of the School was carried on at No.26 Jewry Street (End. Charities Report, 1902, St. Botolph Aldgate,… … Dictionary of London
Royal Mint Square — South out of Royal Mint Street, east of Cartwright Street (P.O. Directory). First shown in O.S. 25 in. 1894 6, but seems to have been formed when the blocks of Artizans buildings were erected in 1884 (See Katherine Buildings). The… … Dictionary of London