- A messuage so called in parish of St. Dunstan in Fletestrete abutting south on the stone wall of the house of the Carmelite Friars in Fletestrete, 1442 (Inq. a.q.d. 449 (5)).Granted to the Carmelite Friars, 1442 (Cal. P.R. H. VI. 1441-6, 182)."Le Bores Hed" or "le Bores Hed Alley," 31 Eliz. (Pat. R. p. 7).See Boar's Head Court2, Fleet Street.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Boar's Head Court — 1) East out of Gracechurch Street at No. 80 by Leadenhall Market (Elmes, 1831). First mention: Bore s Head Court (O. and M. 1677). Site now occupied by offices and chambers, etc. 2) South out of Fleet Street at No. 66 and west to Bolt … Dictionary of London