- Near Dowgate.A haw or yard where boat-building was carried on according to Dr. Sharpe (Ct. H.W. II. 121 n.).John de Hatfeld gave pecuniary legacies to his servants at "Bothale," directing that he should be buried in the church of St. Mary de Bothawe (q.v.) 1368 (ib.).
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Berebynderslane — In the parish of St. Mary Bothawe, 1358 (Cal. L. Bk. G. p. 100). It is difficult to identify this, as Bearbinder Lane is always elsewhere described as in the parishes of St. Mary Woolnoth, St. Mary Woolchurch, and St. Swithin. See… … Dictionary of London
(St.) Mary Bothaw — On the east side of Turnwheel Lane, in Dowgate and Walbrook Wards (O. and M. 1677). Earliest mention found in records : Mentioned in 1117 in gift of land near the church by the Prior and Convent of Christ Church, Canterbury (L. and M. Arch … Dictionary of London