- South out of Fleet Street at 62 to Temple Street, within the precinct of Whitefriars, in Farringdon Ward Without (P.O. Directory).Erected towards the end of the 18th century, the northern portion being shown completed in Horwood, 1799."White Friars" occupied the site in O. and M. 1677, and "Great Fryers Gate" in Rocque, 1746. Also Temple Mews.
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Silver Street, Bouverie Street — See Pleydell Street … Dictionary of London
Pleydell Street — West out of Bouverie Street to Lombard Street (P.O. Directory). In Farringdon Ward Without. First mention: O.S.1848 50. Former name : Silver Street (P.C. 1732 Elmes, 1831) … Dictionary of London
Boverie Street — See Bouverie Street … Dictionary of London
Essex Street — West out of Bouverie Street to Temple Lane (P.O. Directory). Within the precinct of Whitefriars. Called Whitefriars in the 17th and 18th centuries. First mention: Horwood, 1799 … Dictionary of London
The Sun — Infobox Newspaper name = The Sun caption = The Sun in January 2005, featuring Prince Harry in nazi costume. type = Daily newspaper available Monday to Saturday except Christmas Day. format = Tabloid foundation = 1964 owners = News International… … Wikipedia
George Bell & Sons — was a book publishing house located in London, England, from 1839 to 1986. It was founded by George Bell as an educational bookseller, with the intention of selling the output of London university presses; but became best known as an independent… … Wikipedia
George Yard — 1) South out of Fenchurch Street, west of the Saracen s Head Yard (O.S. 1894 5, and Bacon, 1912). In Aldgate Ward. First mention: P.C. 1732. Other name : Coach yard (Rocque, 1746). There is a George Hotel at No. 86 in P.O. Directory.… … Dictionary of London
George Bell (publisher) — George Bell (1814–1890) was an English publisher who founded George Bell Sons.Location of the Bell houses*1839: 1 Bouverie Street *1840: 186 Fleet Street *1854: Acquired Deighton s offices at Green Street and Trinity Street, Cambridge *1864:… … Wikipedia
Dove Court — 1) East out of Addle Hill. In Castle Baynard Ward (P.C. 1732 Boyle, 1799). Not named in the maps. 2) South out of Lombard Street and east to St. Swithin s Lane. In Langbourn and Walbrook Wards (O. and M. 1677 Elmes, 1831). A tradesman … Dictionary of London
News Chronicle — The News Chronicle was a British daily newspaper. It ceased publication on 17 October 1960, being absorbed into the Daily Mail. Its offices were in Bouverie Street, off Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 8DP, England. Contents 1 Daily Chronicle … Wikipedia